[vpn-help] failing with WLAN connection on Win7 x64 [Shrew 2.2.0]

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Dec 14 21:09:43 CST 2011

On 12/14/2011 09:30 PM, Andrew Fischer wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am having the exact same problem that was listed in this post.
> I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps in this post with no luck.
> I tried searching to find the answer.
> My client works on all computers that don’t have the MS Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter.
> I need to help this working before Monday. Any help would be appreciated.
>

> •         I tried - disabling the MS Virtual WiFi Adapter
>
> •         I tried three different versions of the client 2.1.7-release, and 2.2.0 beta one and 2.2.0 beta two
>

> I also tried these steps:
>
> 1. Uninstall Shrew.  Reboot.
> 2. Re-enable the Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter (you may have to use a
> cmd prompt: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow).  Reboot.
> 3. Install Shrew 2.2.0 beta. Reboot.
> 4. Test a connection with Shrew.
>
> If Shrew 2.2.0beta2 does not work, also try 2.2.0beta1.  Maybe there's a
> regression bug in beta2.

Hi Andrew,

Can you provide us with some additional information?  Your problem may
not be the same as what everyone else is having.

1. A Shrew trace, using this link:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

2. The output from 'ipconfig /all' run from a cmd prompt when you have
the WLAN active.

3. The output from 'route print' run from a cmd prompt when you have the
WLAN active.

To do steps 2 and 3, click Start then type cmd into the search box. When
cmd.exe appears in the search results, right-click on it and select "Run
as Administrator."  When the cmd prompt window opens, type the commands
to generate the output.  Then right-click in the window and choose Mark.
  You can then click and drag to highlight the text.  Once highlighted,
hit Enter to copy the highlighted text.  You can then paste it into your
email or a text file that you can attach to the message.