[vpn-help] Other VPN software stops Shrew Working

Silveston, Tony tony.silveston at hp.com
Wed Feb 2 16:01:16 CST 2011

Hi

I am running Windows XP on a specilaized HP build laptop.

It uses Remote Access to HP (RA2HP) VPN software to allow me to connect to HP internal networks.
http://remote-access-to-hp-ra2hp-vpn.software.informer.com/

This works fine although I cannot configure it to allow access to other VPN sites apart from HP.

Therfore I have also installed SHREW v2.1.7.

I want this to connect to a Cisco VPN gateway that is nothing to do with HP.

If I disable the RA2HP VPN connection I can connect to my Cisco gateway VPN.

If I enable the RA2HP VPN then I cannot also connect to the Cisco VPN gateway.

I get a "negotiation timeout ocurred"...

Any ideas how to get them both working together?

Thanks

Tony