[vpn-help] Windows XP 32 bit connects but Windows 7 64 bit does not

Gerardo Álvarez galvarez3d at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:17:55 CST 2011

I have given up trying to connect from Mac OS X 10.6.6 by now.
I have installed 2.1.7 64 bit at one PC with Windows 7 64 bit at home,
copying the configuration exported from XP 32 bit at the studio, differente
ADSL routers but equivalente network topology and setup.

The XP 32 bit connects fine:
config loaded for site 'FCSC'
configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
network device configured
tunnel enabled

However the W7 64 bits does not:

config loaded for site 'FCSC'
configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
negotiation timout occurred
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

I see that the W7 is not able to configure the network device, maybe because
I wasn´t able to install the software in W7 64 bits because it got stuck
forever at "installing Network Adapter", until I rebooted into Safe Mode
with Network, that way I could install it. Maybe it is not properly
installed?

--
Gerardo Álvarez

Producer