[vpn-help] DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Rita Klotz rdklotz at optonline.net
Wed Jan 12 18:16:22 CST 2011

I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 computer with an Intel i7 CPU, 64 bit
operating system and

Windows 7 Home Premium.  I installed shrew 2.1.7 ( and also tried with
2.1.6). It installs

without problem. However, when I try to reboot my computer, it won't reboot
and

gets the following error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the blue screen

of death. The only way to resolve the problem is to restore a previous
configuration.

This looks like a driver problem. I have seen reports that say the

driver vfilter.sys may be the culprit. I need to use shrew to connect to my
office

computer but I don't know how to get this to work.

Rita