[vpn-help] Shrewsoft vpn client with LinksysRv042 - cannot ping, rdp etc

Srinivasan Subramanian srinivasan.subramanian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:00:33 CST 2011

Hello

I have installed the Shresoft IPSec VPN client 2.1.7 on Windows 7 32 bit.  I followed this guide http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoLinksys  to setup the connection to a RV042 linksys router that we run on the server side.

The connection is established great.  I can connect to a webserver running on a Linux machine in the remote network.  I can also ssh to this linux machine.  However I am unable to connect to any windows machine inside the network via RDP .. I cannot also ping any of them.

Any ideas what I need to set right in the configuration to get this working?

Regards
Srini