[vpn-help] FVS338 tunnel established but can't ping remote IP's/SSH/DNS etc.

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Jan 12 00:27:39 CST 2011

On 1/11/2011 2:22 PM, David Borges wrote:
> Phase 1 and Phase 2 now match exactly with the FVS338 and Shrew Soft
> Client.  I'm still only able to ping the internal interface on the VPN
> router from the outside.

The unique option I mentioned exists in the most recent stable 2.1.7
version which is the recommended version for use as it has bug fixes and
the latest kernel drivers signed by Microsoft. At this point, I would
check to see that your router has the latest firmware installed. If I
remember correctly, a few other users had to upgrade before the
connection started working reliably.