[vpn-help] ShrewSoft 2.1.7 and 2.2.0 Issue

kevin vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:48:22 CST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:17:43 -0500
"Darren Nye" <darrenn at jkdesign.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Unfortunately installing your revised client alpha, didn't resolve the
> issues we're having.
>
> I'm not clear how to create a virtual adapter or what configuration
> changes I would need to make on both the Jupiter SSG5 and Shrew
> Client side?

Hi Darren,

Creating the virtual adapter is easy.  In the Shrew Site configuration,
General tab, under Address Method, select "Use a virtual adapter and
assigned address" and check "Obtain Automatically".

While you are on the General tab, make sure Auto Configuration is set
to "ike config push."

BTW, regarding the "IKE ID Type" field, it will automatically set
itself to "FQDN" which is correct based on the "IKE Identity" of
"client.shrew.net".  That is not something to worry about.

Can you make the changes above, then re-attach your Shrew site config
details, as well as the log from the gateway when you try to connect?