[vpn-help] FW: FW: New 2.2.0 Alpha 11 Build Available

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Jan 15 16:29:16 CST 2011

On 1/15/2011 3:34 PM, gregmail at outtacyte.com wrote:
> Seriously Matthew,
>
> I can build a variety of scratch guest (VMware) machines in 32&  64 bit.  I
> can snapshot them before the install so we can avoid the pain of a failed OS
> due to an authentication bug.
>
> Is this going to be a Win 7 only thing?  I do not have Vista (skipped that
> mess) at hand, but can probably scratch around and find something if you
> think it important.
>
> Will this same feature work on the XP systems (which will probably be a
> gina.dll thing)?

Hi Greg,

I hadn't planned to write a gina component for XP/2K systems. It's a
security credentials provider that works with Windows Vista/7 systems.
If there is enough demand for a 2K/XP gina component, I may consider
adding one in the future.

I have a Windows domain and both Vista and Windows 7 VMs in my lab for
testing this feature. Of course, more people testing the new component
the better. I'll let you know when I have something ready.