[vpn-help] Shrew Soft 2.17 unable to install Win64 AMD Phenom X4 NVidia NForce

Deon deoncranford at carolina.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 09:55:30 CDT 2011

The install fails twice – during the vfilter.inf process (“couldn’t install the network component”)  and the virtualnet.inf process (“InstallSelectedDriver failed code 0x00000006”).

I’ve completed the manual uninstall routine found in another message thread; even have gone as a far as scanning the registry after the reboot for any remaining items pointing to “shrew”, “vfilter”, and “virtualnet”. I rerun the install and the same things happens again. After the failed install, I tried to manually install the protocol filter into the properties of the network card. That results in a message that says “Unable to find any drivers for this device”.

I’ve seen other messages pertaining to similar problems but have not yet found an answer that fixes my issue. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.