[vpn-help] Ruter messes up SSH. Please help.

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Jul 20 21:31:04 CDT 2011

On 07/10/2011 04:10 PM, Ilya Landa wrote:
> I am seeing a very weird issue when I use you VPN client. If I plug my
> PC directly into the modem, I can SSH to my servers fine, but if I plug
> it into a router or use router’s wifi, I can still see websites hosted
> on these servers, but can’t SSH or even ping them, I am attaching
> ipconfig for wifi below. I am seeing this on Windows XP and 7. Please,
> let me know if you have any advice for me.

Hi Ilya,

I assume that when you are plugged directly into the modem, using SSH
over the VPN works correctly.  Obviously the router introduces NAT into
the equation when you are connected through the router (wired or wifi).
  So, I would look for Network Address Translation-related problems.

Can you provide a Shrew client trace for us to look at?
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows