[vpn-help] Using Shrew with a certificate store on a eToken ???

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Jul 20 21:34:39 CDT 2011

On 07/11/2011 04:49 AM, Francisco Javier Morales López de Gamarra wrote:
> Please, anybody knows something about this?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
>  > From: fmorales_htw at hotmail.com
>  > To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
>  > Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:26:06 +0200
>  > Subject: [vpn-help] Using Shrew with a certificate store on a eToken ???
>  >
>  >
>  > Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to use the Shrew client
> with a certificate store on a "USB" token like etoken from alladin/safenet.
>  >
>  > Thanks a lot
>  >

Hi Francisco,

I don't know much about certificates, but since the Shrew client seems
to look for a certificate FILE based on the options in the site
configuration dialog, I would suspect that at the current time, it is
not possible to use a cert store on a USB token.

That said, the source for the Linux Shrew client is available, if you've
got some programming experience, you can try to add in support.