[vpn-help] tunnel internet traffic

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Jul 28 20:20:55 CDT 2011

On 07/22/2011 07:22 AM, Philip Berndroth wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> does anyone have experience, to route all the internet traffic to the
> tunnel.
> My router is an Linksys* /RV082/*.

Hi Philip,

In order to route all internet traffic to the tunnel, two things must be
set:

1. The VPN gateway must be configured to accept all traffic (typically a
proxy id of 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 or something similar) and

2. You must check "Obtain Topology Automatically or Tunnel All" on the
Policy tab of the VPN Site Configuration.  (You can also use a "Include
0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0" Remote Network Resource.)

Unfortunately I don't know the Linksys device, so I can't help with the
VPN gateway configuration details.