[vpn-help] Help with "Session terminated by Gateway problem" with Shrew Soft VPN client 2.1.7 needed

KrishnaMohan Bandi krishnamohan.bandi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 03:59:51 CDT 2011

Hi all,

    I am having problem with establishing a VPN connection using a Sierra
Wireless 3G modem connected to a Linux PC running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS via USB
interface to a SARIAN systems HSPDA/3G-EDGE/GPRS Router (HR4110).

VPN Client Version : 2.1.7
Linux OS Version : Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Gateway Make/Model : Sierra Wireless 3G Modem, MC8795V

I can connect to the Internet using the wireless 3G modem and I can ping the
3G Router. I have configured the Shrew client and when I click on 'Connect',
it always comes up with "Session terminated by gateway" error. I am
attaching the log files for the same.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Krishnamohan