[vpn-help] Disconnection after 1 hour with Arkoon gateway

kevin vpn kvpn at live.com
Wed Jun 22 18:42:38 CDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:32:36 +0200 (CEST)
lamoureuxbastien at free.fr wrote:

> I was able to mount up tunneling to Arkoon gateway with a few tuning
> in Shrew Soft client configuration. My only problem there is that I
> am always disconnected after 60 minutes with message "connection
> terminated by gateway" This does not happen with safenet but I have
> not been able to find any configuration parameter in Shrew soft which
> can help me maintaining connection longer. I tried stable version, as
> well as beta and alpha build, but without sucess

Hi Bastian,

I would look to see if the Phase 1 "Key Life Time limit" and the Phase
2 "Key Life Time limit" in the Shrew site configuration match the
values on the gateway.  Shrew defaults to a Phase 2 Key Life Time limit
of 3600 seconds, which is 1 hour.  Perhaps your Arkoon appliance
expects a longer lifetime?