[vpn-help] Internet connection keeps dropping after I connect to Shrew client 2.1.7

kevin vpn kvpn at live.com
Wed Jun 22 19:03:27 CDT 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:53:16 -0400
Katie Kieffer <atlkatie79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Windows 7 64-bit OS installed on my home computer.  I
> installed the 2.1.7 Shrew client in order to VPN into my work
> computer, however everytime I connect, I authenticate successfully
> through my work-administered PCF file, and I am able to remote into
> my work computer for about 5 minutes, then I will lose my network
> connection entirely.  It will attempt to reconnect and will
> successfully sometimes, but then it never fails to disconnect my
> internet connection about 5 minutes later.  I am using a
> Linksys/Cisco CM 100 cable modem with Comcast as my ISP.  I called

Hi Katie,

Do you have a router at home and that maybe the IP addresses used by
your router overlap those given out by the VPN?

You can check this by connecting to the VPN and then opening a 'cmd'
prompt and typing 'winipcfg /all'.  Look at the IP addresses for all
the connections and see if any of them are very close together (for
instance multiple that start with 192.168).