[vpn-help] My Shrew vpn client has problem.

kevin vpn kvpn at live.com
Tue Jun 28 22:10:22 CDT 2011

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 11:57:57 +0800 (CST)
"楊博閔" <u9123308 at yuntech.edu.tw> wrote:

> Dear Support:
>
> Thanks for creating the application that is easy to use, but I don't
> know what's the problem with my SW, please find the attached file. It
> seems like my target host name(IP) will be the source address in the
> firewall rules list(VPN Trace), and the local host will be the
> destination address. How could I resolve this problem? Thank you very
> much. Best regards.
> Robert

Hi Robert,

The values in the screenshot look fine to me.  In the Shrew Access
Manager, the hostname field reflects the hostname or IP address of the
VPN gateway.  In the VPN trace, you should see rules that control how
Shrew decides what traffic to tunnel and where send the tunnelled
traffic.  In the graphic, things look fine to me, except that you don't
have all the rules because the tunnel is not up yet.

I would follow the steps at http://www.shrew.net/support to generate a
proper bug report for us to look at if your tunnel is not coming up
properly.  The key file to send us initially is the iked.log.