[vpn-help] 2.2 b1 miniport adapter

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Mar 1 17:45:24 CST 2011

On 2/6/2011 8:06 PM, zkosn at zkosn.com wrote:
> I'm only using infrastructure networks, however I have used ad-hocs in
> the past.
>
> If I disable the Virtual Miniport adapter, either the entire adapter or
> just the shrewsoft filter component, 2.2.0 will then immediately connect
> fine.     I can even re-enable the Miniport adapter/filter and still I'm
> able to connect.
>
> However, if I reboot and the Virtual Miniport adapter is enabled, it
> cannot connect again until I disable it again.
>
> If I leave it disabled, all is good.

Hmmm. We received feedback that this had been worked around from other
users that reported this issue. Apparently we will need to make more
modifications for it to work with the Virtual Miniport Adapter enabled
in all cases. This won't happen for 2.2.0 though as the kernel drivers
have already passed MS driver certification ( a time consuming and
expensive process ). My best advice is to leave the virtual adapter
disabled for the time being.