[vpn-help] new user, fairly baffled

Howard Spindel howard at sci1.com
Mon Mar 7 13:03:47 CST 2011

Fabio,

I shouldn't need a Dynamic DNS service as I have a static IP for my
Netgear router.

So, how would I make this work with the DG834, and what additional
software do I need?  The Netgear config panels don't talk about it
being a VPN pass-through - they make it sound like a VPN endpoint.

If I'm going to have to buy a different router to make this work,
what router do folks like?  (I need it with a DSL modem built-in too).

Thanks,
Howard