[vpn-help] Inappropriate DNS changing in Win7

Stanislav Datskevich me at phantasm.org.ua
Thu May 12 13:30:54 CDT 2011

Problem:
I'm using ShrewSoft VPN Client version 2.1.7 in Windows 7 to connect to
Juniper SRX 210 firewall. The connection is successfully, but vpn client
erases all the DNS-servers in my existing network connection.
DNS-servers are turned back when I disconnect vpn. Now I using a
workaround - I added my DNS-servers manually to vpn config.

I propose to change the VPN client so that it does not interfere in
setting DNS, if you uncheck "Enable DNS ".

To reproduce:
Connect from Windows 7 (use manually added DNS-servers on your network
connection) to any Juniper SRX with dial-in vpn using attached config
(or same).

VPN Client version = 2.1.7
Windows OS Version = Windows 7 32-bit with service pack 1
Gateway Make/Model = Juniper SRX 210

--
My ICQ: 6693942
My Jabber: phantasm at jabber.ru