[vpn-help] vflt driver failed to load

Mitch Grande sliver85 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:52:04 CDT 2011

I installed and use the Shrew Soft client for a while, then got my hands on
a Cisco VPN client.  I uninstalled shrew soft, but it left some files
behind.  I renamed vfilter.sys and virtualnet.sys to *.bak, but I've been
getting the following error in my event log on every boot:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
vflt

I've been getting random shutdowns lately, and I want to rule this out as a
possible cause of them.  How can I fix this error?