[vpn-help] os x client beta - ikea process dies after sleep/wake

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed May 18 16:20:44 CDT 2011

On 5/16/11 10:56 AM, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> On 5/10/2011 1:35 PM, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
>> wanted to correct this - the issue is with the iked process either being
>> unresponsive, or having died on its own after sleep/wake cycles - not
>> the ikea process.
>>
>> i've set up the following shell aliases to simplify making things happy
>> again:
>>
>> alias killiked='sudo kill `ps -e|grep sbin/iked|grep -v grep|cut -d"
>> " -f2`'
>> alias startiked='sudo /usr/sbin/iked -F &'
>>

> Thanks for the bug report. I'll add this to the todo list.
>
> -Matthew

thanks. two meta-items:

for the osx folks, if you install macports, you can install proctools,
which gives you 'pgrep' and 'pkill', which makes for a much simpler
alias ( 'sudo pkill iked' )

and if you're on windows (my home machine is win 7 professional 64 bit,
and it also suffers the sleep/wake failures of shrew), a simple batch
script of the following accomplishes the same thing:

net stop ipsecd
net stop iked
net start iked
net start ipsecd