[vpn-help] Cisco Linksys WVRS4400N REV 2 ?

Gayla Wong ultimateapparel.com at srv1.otala.com
Tue Nov 15 02:26:05 CST 2011

Total Newbie here so please bear with me...

Does anyone know of a step by step guide for the Cisco Linksys WVRS4400
rev 2. This has totally different firmware from the rev1 which does have a
guide on the shrewsoft web site...

A couple of screen grabs of the VPN pages are attached...

For the really curious the user manual can be found here...

http://www.ergotron.com/Portals/0/tp/g/oem/WRVS4400N_V2_User_Guide.pdf

I'll be running shrew on Windows 7 x64.

What's really annoying me is the Cisco QuckVPN client. It will connect
from a windows xp virtual machine running under a Windows x64 host, but
will not connect directly from the x64 host. Cisco Small Business have no
idea how to fix despite claimining to support Win 7x64, and recommended
shrew as an alternative solution, but have no idea how to configure shrew
to work with thier product :)

Looking around the Web I'm note the only one needed a client to work with
this unit from Win7

Any help or pointers etc much appreciated...

Regards
<MDD>