[vpn-help] vpn-client 2.2.0 beta 2 (Aug 4 2011) not on Win 8

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Nov 17 21:10:30 CST 2011

On 10/28/2011 05:05 PM, Jim Brennan 3 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What plans there are to support Win 8 with the 2.2.x line? I tried
> installing it on Win 8 build at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516. I get a "This Windows
> operating system is not supported. Please visit http://www.shrew.net for
> more details".
>
> Interestingly, 2.1.7 - release works fine. That is the version I am using
> now, but wonder about future problems in the 2.2.x line.

Hi Jim,

Actually, in the 2.2.x line, the devs are working on adding a pre-logon
VPN connect option (I can't remember the exact term for it now), so that
a user can connect to the VPN before trying to log on to the domain.  My
guess is that code is probably very version specific, as I don't believe
it's written for anything other than Win7, so maybe that's where the
error is coming from?