[vpn-help] Problem with linux version

Stéphane PERON speron at telys.com
Wed Oct 5 03:28:39 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I use Shrewsoft client sofware for a long time with a zywall ( zyxel )
.... under linux and windows ...

Recently, I bought a Zywall usg 100 ... .

So, I have added a new site in my shrewsoft software while reading the
following tutorial : http://www.shrewsoft.com/support/wiki/HowtoZywallUsg

This tuto works very well with the windows version of shrewsoft : I can
join the server console with success

However, in the linux version, the tunnel is enabled ...but it is
impossible for me to join the server console ...
The version is 2.2 ( recently compiled on ubuntu 11.04 )

To avoid some mistakes, I have exported the config file from windows (
that works) and placed the values in the target config file on linux :
Same result !

Any idea to help me to fix this problem ?

I'd like to add that the zywall is connected from an internal dhcp
routeur in order to make my tests .... and not directly connected
internet throw a pppoe connexion ... may be it can helps

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Stéphane