[vpn-help] VPN connection times out under Ubuntu 11.10

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Oct 17 21:48:30 CDT 2011

On 10/15/2011 02:12 PM, Philip Goh wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm trying to access the VPN at work and it consistently fails to connect on
> my Ubuntu box with the error "negotiation timeout occurred". The very same
> VPN configuration works under Windows, so I would appreciate any pointers on
> what I should do to get this working.
>
> My environment details:
> Operating System: Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit.
> Shrewsoft version: 2.1.7

Hi Philip,

There's another current thread with the same problem on Ubuntu 11.10 +
Shrew 2.1.7, we're not sure what the problem is:
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2011-September/003988.html
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2011-October/004033.html

Apparently the 2.1.5 packages from 11.04 still work on 11.10, if you can
figure out how to downgrade to them.