[vpn-help] Regression in Linux shrew 2.1.7 -> OpenBSD 4.8+ roadwarrior VPN

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Oct 19 22:25:48 CDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 12:32 PM, m0gely wrote:
> Kevin VPN wrote:
>
>> Well, unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest next, other than trying
>> to compile Shrew yourself. Perhaps it's a problem with the 2.1.7 package?
>
> Given that 4.8 is about to go "unsupported", maybe testing on 4.9 would
> be more prudent? There may be no difference, but if it changes again in
> 4.9 and the soon to be released 5.0, then spending time on 4.8 isn't
> worth it.

Hi m0gely,

We're not currently looking at the OpenBSD gateway as the problem,
rather that the Shrew 2.1.7 package (or a dependency) in Ubuntu 11.10
may by broken.

It is a valid point to look at whether the gateway treats the 2.1.5
requests and 2.1.7 requests differently.  Previous logs in the thread
show that the OpenBSD gateway receives and responds to the Shrew 2.1.7
requests properly though.