[vpn-help] Continuing issues connecting to Watchguard XTM from Shew on Ubuntu

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Apr 2 21:06:59 CDT 2012

On 03/31/2012 06:30 AM, tom+shrew at falkensweb.com wrote:
> There was an update to the Ikea packages today (thanks someone !) and I've
> also updated to the 12.04 beta, and it now works flawlessly.
>
> For the records, it's what Watchguard call a pre-shared key, then
> username+password (PSK+XAUTH ?) 'mobile user vpn' which is really IPSec.

Hi Tom,

Sounds like you've got the Watchguard VPN working, good job!

Thanks for letting us know that in Watchguard-speak "mobile user vpn"
matches up with Shrew's PSK+XAUTH.

And if someone has finally updated the Ubuntu 11.10 Shrew 2.1.7
packages, that will really help out a lot of folks.  Thanks for
reporting that the fix is in.