[vpn-help] Mac OS X support

Matti Haveri matti.haveri at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:07:38 CDT 2012

I wrote:

> Mac OS X 10.7's built-in VPN works OK. But it seems it still uses MTU
> 1500 by default. In my experience this made Osirix VERY slow to load
> DICOM images. Manually setting MTU to 1356 (Cisco VPN client's
> default) fixed this, but I'd rather let the VPN client do that
> automatically and switch it back to 1500 when it is done.

OS X 10.8's built-in VPN and OsiriX 4.1.2 now seem to handle this OK.
I get maximum speed with the default MTU settings while downloading
DICOM images to OsiriX.

I don't know which cured the slowdowns, though. Initially I saw the
problem with OS X 10.6 and some older OsiriX version. On the other
hand Carestream DICOM viewer worked OK using the OS X 10.6's built-in
VPN.

- Matti