[vpn-help] VPN Tunnel connection Established, but cannot ssh.

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Dec 13 21:52:16 CST 2012

On 12/11/2012 11:56 AM, Jinyan Huang wrote:
> Dear Kevin,
>
> I am now using Shrew VPN on mac. The VPN Tunnel connection is
> Established, but cannot ssh. The log file is in the attachment. Do you
> have any suggestions? Thank you very much.
>
> Shrew version: 2.2.0
> Mac version: 10.7.5

Hi Jinyan,

I haven't been working with Shrew on Macs recently, so I'm not sure how
much help I can be.  For instance, I can't even remember if there's a
Trace Utility for the Mac client. :(

I looked through the iked.log quickly.  All the usual things look ok:
the VPN client IP address (10.2.2.0/24) does not overlap with the
protected network (10.10.0.0/16), the policies get installed correctly,
and the phase2 security association (sa) is established.

Are you able to access the DNS server at 10.10.2.16?