[vpn-help] Shrew disables NetBIOS on NIC when VPN connects

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Dec 9 17:50:28 CST 2012

Brandon,

Indeed. The VPN client will disable NetBIOS name resolution unless the
option is enabled and a WINS server IP address is specified in the site
configuration. It's essentially this setting ...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc776524(v=ws.10).aspx

You shouldn't need to bounce the NIC in order to get DNS working. Are
you using a virtual adapter or an existing adapter in your site config?