[vpn-help] Shrewsoft Windows Client 2.2.0-rc1 Phase 2 Transform Algorithm

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Dec 12 17:46:52 CST 2012

Quite likely it's because we added support for SHA2 hash algorithms in
the 2.2 branch and it's causing either ...

1) the packet to become fragmented since the size is larger due to more
proposal combinations being submitted during phase2 negotiation.

2) the gateway to choke on the proposal because it doesn't like the new
hash algorithms being included ( although they should just be skipped in
the case that they aren't recognized ).

Do you have a debug log file, or better yet, an ike packet trace from
the 2.1.7 and the 2.2.0 negotiation? It would help to see both of them
to determine if something is amiss. It would also be helpful to see the
log output from your VPN gateway as it should hold some clue as to why
the proposal is being rejected when the client is set to auto.

-Matthew