[vpn-help] Shrewsoft indicates that the tunnel is enabled but I cannot reach the corporate servers

bw8080 at comcast.net bw8080 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 18:25:55 CST 2012

I received a message that this submit was blocked. Sending from the correct email address.

Shrewsoft indicates that the tunnel is enabled but I cannot reach any of the corporate servers. Once in a while, maybe once out of 10 trys, it will connect and I can reach the corporate servers.

My laptop corporate setup is:
Lenovo T410 laptop
Shrewsoft VPN Client version 2.1.7
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN Version 15.2.0.19

My home setup is a Netgear N150 WNR1000 wireless router. This problem occurs regardless of whether I'm connect wirelessly or via cable to the router.The cable modem is a Ubee DOCSIS 3.0 from Comcast.

Shrewsoft will always indicate it is connected but most times will not access the corporate servers.I get an error, "server not found" when trying to access intranet sites via a browser and a similar error when trying to connect to the corporate MS Outlook server.

Once connected I am required to use the corporate proxy. If I enable the proxy I cannot reach the corporate servers. A ping to them fails, but a ping to external sites (e.g. www.google.com) will succeed. If I disable the proxy, the exact same thing happens. On the rare times that the tunnel enables correctly, I have to set the proxy for the laptop to access the internet.

Logs are attached.

I have tried the suggestions I've read to change NAT-Traversal to "force-rfc" from "enable", I've also tried changing Policy Generation Level to "unique" from "auto". Neither has worked. The Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is disabled in control panel/network connections.

Our corporate help desk has no idea on this issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob