[vpn-help] [Vpn-help] Problems with Client Install or Uninstall ...

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Jan 29 18:04:03 CST 2012

On 01/26/2012 04:01 PM, Peter Olivieri wrote:
> I am receiving a message peer config failed when attempting to
> connect to a VPN.  This was working and I am not sure what was done
> as it is not my computer.
>
> I went through each of the steps on the following page
>
> http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2008-May/000703.html
>
> rebooted and went through the install again.  After completing the
> install the configuration reappeared and I am still having the same
> issue.
>
> Anything you can suggest would be helpful.
>
> Client 2.1.7 Windows 7 SP1 32 bit OS No other VPN clients on the
> system nor were there any ever.

Hi Peter,

Since you're running Windows 7, I would suggest you try upgrading to the
Shrew client 2.2.0 beta 2.

If you are running Shrew on a laptop that also has the Microsoft Virtual
WiFi Miniport adapter installed, it is known to cause a conflict with
Shrew that prevents it from connecting after a reboot has occured (in
other words, Shrew works when first installed, then fails after the
machine is restarted).  The Shrew 2.2.0 beta has a fix for this problem.