[vpn-help] problem connecting to rv082

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Jul 9 20:55:55 CDT 2012

On 07/05/2012 03:00 AM, Steven Lam wrote:
> Hi, I have a version 2 linksys rv082.  It is running the new firmware
> 2.0.0.19-tm.  I have a real problem connecting and pass traffic to it. I'm
> using newest version of shrew 2.1.7.  I can connect to the vpn endpoint but
> when I want to browse my NAS (mapped as a network share
> (\\10.121.1.142\volume_2).  I am using win 7 x64.  The instructions on
> support side is for old firmware and I think that is part of the problem.
> BTW, quickvpn (Linksys/cisco's client is working well).  Can anybody point
> me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Hi Steven,

My first guess is that the VPN client IP range that you've configured on
the RV082 overlaps with the network that your NAS is on.  Make sure that
the IP addresses given by the RV082 to the Shrew client is not on the
same subnet as the NAS.

If you could provide us with the log report, we could help more.
Instructions are available here:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows