[vpn-help] Using Shrew Soft VPN with Slackware Linux

Chris Rose Mathews crmathew at computamaps.com
Mon Jul 9 07:45:28 CDT 2012

Hi Andy

I've been fighting with a similar issue on Slack 13.1 for the last 2
weeks and just succeeded in getting a bit further through the auth
process. I also got a tap interface and the shrewsoft GUI reports a
connection, but after multiple retries attempting to get a phase2
Security Association it would drop.

Try this (mileage may vary, depending on your other settings):
In the Policy tab, Policy Generation = require, Maintain persistant =
UNCHECKED, Obtain topology automatically = UNCHECKED. Add a Remote
Network resource: For example if your internal network (the one you're
trying to access has addresses such as 192.168.0.XXX then use the
following values: 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.255.0

I've tried so many different configs now and most of the auto settings
seem not to work for me.

Good luck

--
Chris Rose-Mathew
Research and Development

p: PostNet Suite #235, Private Bag X26, Tokai 7966, South Africa
t: +27.21.700 8140
f: +27.21.701 9520
e: crmathew at computamaps.com
w: www.computamaps.com