[vpn-help] Shrewsoft Client Issues

Liam liamtr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:09:34 CDT 2012

Hi all,
I just thought I would let everyone know that the issue turned out to be
the Netgear router, not Shrewsoft.

It seems there is a bug with the router firmware where if you statically
assign IP's to clients (on the router side) and change the LAN IP Range,
even if you then adjust the static assignments for your clients to match
the new range the routing table or whatever gets messed up. This occurs
even if you delete the static assignments for the old IP range and
recreate them on the new IP range. I am not convinced the latest
firmware is particularly stable as I have had other issues with it as
well. Anyway, I reset the router to factory defaults, set up the VPN
again and the VPN worked fine with ShrewSoft.

Thanks Alexis for replying to my email. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Liam