[vpn-help] Problems connecting Windows7 over Broadband

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Mar 1 20:31:09 CST 2012

On 02/21/2012 12:21 PM, Roper, Andrew wrote:
> Is the firewall setup for Aggressive mode negotiations for that
> particular tunnel?
>
> -Andrew
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Mach Rainer
> [mailto:Rainer.Mach at inco.at] Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:39
> AM To: Roper, Andrew; 'vpn-help at lists.shrew.net' Subject: RE:
> Problems connecting Windows7 over Broadband
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> no change. The LogFile on the FW says: Feb 21 17:35:24	racoon: ERROR:
> failed to begin ipsec sa negotication. Feb 21 17:35:24	racoon: ERROR:
> no configuration found for 178.115.x.y. (<-- that's the IP I got from
> the mobile provider) Feb 21 17:35:19	racoon: ERROR: failed to begin
> ipsec sa negotication. Feb 21 17:35:19	racoon: ERROR: no
> configuration found for 178.115.x.y. Feb 21 17:35:15	racoon: ERROR:
> failed to begin ipsec sa negotication. Feb 21 17:35:15	racoon: ERROR:
> no configuration found for 178.115.x.y. Feb 21 17:35:13	racoon:
> ERROR: failed to begin ipsec sa negotication. Feb 21 17:35:13	racoon:
> ERROR: no configuration found for 178.115.x.y. Feb 21 17:35:12
> racoon: INFO: begin Identity Protection mode.
>
> regards, rainer
>
> -----Original Message----- From: vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net

Hi Rainer,

The error you see suggests a gateway end configuration issue.

Further to what Andrew said, I'd compare the log entries for successful
connections from LAN/WLAN/tether to see what is different.  It is
possible that the provider uses different IP space for the WWAN
connections than it does the others, so you might need to add a
configuration for that.

Also, we've had other people on the list complain that they can't get
Shrew to work over WWAN, but I can't recall any follow-ups from them
indicating if they ever got it to work.