[vpn-help] win2008r2 ike phase 1 fails, works on win7x64 sp1

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Mar 7 20:47:01 CST 2012

Hi Martin,

Do you by any chance have DirectAccess enabled on the Win2008R2 server?
  If I understand DirectAccess correctly, it allows the establishment of
IPsec tunnels from Win7 clients to Win2k8R2 servers. That would imply
there's an IPsec process or service running on the OS.

If you have DirectAccess enabled, maybe that service/component is
intercepting the IPsec packets that should be destined for the Shrew
client?  That might explain why you are able to see the packets arrive
on the OS, but that they don't make it to the Shrew process.