[vpn-help] Problem using VPN client on two machines at same time

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Fri Mar 16 12:19:31 CDT 2012

Curt Broyles <cbroyles at ...> writes:

> Problem:

The first person can connect and work fine.  Once a second person makes a VPN
connection from our office the first person's connection will freeze up and the
only way the PC can recover is to reboot.  Even if the second person closes the
VPN connection, the first person to make the connection cannot recover.

Are you using different logins or does everyone login using the same user?  If
so, check to see if someone at the doctor's office changed settings on the VPN
server there.

This is normal behavior with our set up.  If I leave a session logged in say
from my office system and then attempt to log in again from home, the VPN server
limits me to a single session and terminates the "old" session.  Sounds like
someone at the doctor's office decided that no one needed more than a single
session and changed the server.

Cheers,
Dave