[vpn-help] Start Shrew Soft VPN Client from command-line

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Mar 19 22:18:29 CDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 12:46 PM, lestoilfante wrote:
> I know that on 2.2.0 it is working, just compile with
> cmake -DQTGUI=NO
>
> Not sure about older versions.
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM, cmlitguy at gmail.com<cmlitguy at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>   After I installed Shrew without GUI
>>
>> cmake -DDEBUG=YES -DNATT=YES -DLDAP=YES
>>
>> I can't find  ikec, only iked.
>>
>> # ikec
>> -bash: ikec: command not found
>>
>> May be as *Kevin* mentioned only 2.2.x support ikec without GUI ?

Yes, only in 2.2.x is ikec a command-line application.  In 2.1.x, ikec
is a Qt GUI application.  In 2.2.x, ikec is command-line and qikec is
the Qt GUI app.

In 2.2.x, I think you can just compile normally and you do not need to
use -DQTGUI=NO as I believe Shrew will build both ikec and qikec
normally as part of the build process.