[vpn-help] Must I restart Windows for ShrewSoft to work?

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Fri May 11 05:01:15 CDT 2012

Zitat von Samuel Williams <samw at stanfordalumni.org>:

> I am using a Windows7 64-bit based laptop that rotates between a direct
> Ethernet connection on-site at an office, and a DLINK DIR-655 Wireless
> connection from home.  If I attempt to connect the VPN without shutting
> down/restarting I can get the tunnel enabled, but none of the networked
> devices are accessible.  If I restart, the tunnel enables and everything
> works dandily.
>

> Any idea what?s going on here and how to resolve it?  I?m guessing it?s
> something wrong with the phase2 setup, but I?m sufficiently naïve about
> this that I don?t know where to start.    If an error log is needed to
> narrow things down, any pointers for generating said log would be much
> appreciated!

VPN is sensitive to changing IP Adresses but in theory the VPN
endpoint should reestablish the connection. But if you suspend your
Laptop ShrewSoft does not even know that something have changed and
try to use the old tunnel/SA which might be expired already or refused
by the remote because of address change.

Regards

Andreas