[vpn-help] netgear FVS318N - Windows 7

Eric W. Bates eric at educompmv.com
Fri May 25 11:26:24 CDT 2012

You get to blame MS for that one.

See if you can connect using IP addresses. Name resolution in Windoze is
handled in a variety of ways depending on what version of Windows you
are running and whether you have a domain controller or a WINS server.
Bottom line: name service in Windows is weak at best.

If the IP connection works for you, there are a number of remediations
you can try to fix the name service issue. But to some degree, that's
really a separate issue from building a working IPSec tunnel.