[vpn-help] Cant map network drive

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Nov 22 20:13:42 CST 2012

On 10/14/2012 12:40 PM, Manfred Humphries wrote:
> Thanks for the great program - the trace utility along with the Netgear vpn
> logs made connecting possible. I just wish I'd looked at them sooner.
>
> VPN Client Version = 2.2.0
> Windows OS Version = Windows 7
> Gateway Make/Model = Netgear srx5308
> Gateway OS Version = 3.07-24
>
> debug.zip [attachment]
> \iked.log
> \srx5308.log
>
> I am connected to the remote gateway,  but I can't map  a drive on the
> remote server.
>
> Microsofts diagnostics say " Make sure the device allows incoming
> connections to File and Printer Sharing.
>
> I can access the shares from the lan just fine.
>
> I get assigned an ip address by the SRX5308, but I can't ping it from the
> server, and I cant ping the server from my local machine
>
> I suspect it has to do with the policy, but I can't figure out what the
> cause is.
>
> I am trying to allow a limited range of Ip addresses from the tunnel, -
> perhaps 12 - 14 slots

Hi Manfred,

One of the common causes of this problem (can't ping servers on remote
LAN) is when the IP address pool given to VPN clients overlaps with the
subnet used by the remote LAN.  Make sure that the IP addresses handed
out to your VPN clients use a completely different subnet (for instance,
use 172.16.1.x).