[vpn-help] Shrew disables NetBIOS on NIC when VPN connects

David A. Esquivel dae at qcapital.com
Mon Nov 19 22:11:07 CST 2012

NetBIOS is not the only thing it disables.  It also resets the DNS servers to "acquire automatically".  I've posted this as a bug on the developer list already.  At the very least, it's an oversight.  In my case I have a very specific DNS configuration that I want my mobile users to have.  But when they connect to the VPN it gets replaced with whatever the default local wireless settings are.  The workaround that I had to do was to write a batch file using a series of netsh commands to put it back the way I want it.  The same will probably work in your case.  The downside is that the user must remember to run the batch file after they connect.

**** Sent From Blackberry Wireless Handheld ****