[vpn-help] Cant map network drive

Manfred Humphries manfred.humphries at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 11:40:03 CDT 2012

Thanks for the great program - the trace utility along with the Netgear vpn
logs made connecting possible. I just wish I'd looked at them sooner.

VPN Client Version = 2.2.0

Windows OS Version = Windows 7

Gateway Make/Model = Netgear srx5308

Gateway OS Version = 3.07-24

debug.zip [attachment]

\iked.log

\srx5308.log

I am connected to the remote gateway,  but I can't map  a drive on the
remote server.

Microsofts diagnostics say " Make sure the device allows incoming
connections to File and Printer Sharing.

I can access the shares from the lan just fine.

I get assigned an ip address by the SRX5308, but I can't ping it from the
server, and I cant ping the server from my local machine

I suspect it has to do with the policy, but I can't figure out what the
cause is.

I am trying to allow a limited range of Ip addresses from the tunnel, -
perhaps 12 - 14 slots

Here is what is in the Shrew  policy

 s:policy-level:shared

s:policy-list-include:192.168.80.0 / 255.255.255.0,192.168.80.208 /
255.255.255.240

The is the SRX5308 IKE Policy Mode Config record:

Client Pool:

Record Name:

OrixClient.cfg

First IP Pool: