[vpn-help] PSK stored in clear?

Jernej Simončič jernej's-shrew at eternallybored.org
Sun Sep 9 18:40:08 CDT 2012

On Sunday, September 9, 2012, 23:04:16, DJ DeanT wrote:

> My concern on this matter is that I would want to export the settings
> and send to a third party for them to VPN in using this software, but I
> wouldn't necessarily want them to be gain access to the PSK.

If they're able to use the PSK, they're able to read it - it's as
simple as that. If you don't want to share the PSK, you'll have to use
certificates for authentication instead.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Internal consistency is valued more highly than efficiency.
       -- Peter's Inversion