[vpn-help] Connection established, but after some time keys expire and connection stops working

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 06:48:55 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use self compiled Shrew 2.2-rc2 in Xubuntu 13.04. I've
disabled rp_filter and I can get it to connect.

However, it's not reliable. After some time,  "established" remains as
is (for example stuck at 2", expired remains as is "for example stuck
at 2", and failed becomes multiple >2.
The network is not anymore reachable when this happens.

I disconnect and try to reconnect. It does reconnect, but no traffic passes.
Sometimes, when I try to reconnect, it just works.

I can't find any explanation or more solid steps to reproduce this.
Same config with 2.2-rc2 works great on Windows 7.

--
Emre