[vpn-help] VPN Client 2.2.0 Release Now Available ...

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Thu Apr 25 12:14:13 CDT 2013

So, I have some mild confusion.

Below, the third sentence somewhat suggests that the Windows build has
preliminary support for OSX? That doesn't seem right. But there's still
no section on the download page for the OSX client. The wording simply
doesn't make clear which Client has the OSX support. The *second*
sentence references Qt4, which I know is necessary for OSX - but the OSX
mention is in the sentence on Windows. I 'r' confused!

On the Windows client download page - https://www.shrew.net/download/vpn
- there's no mention of OSX in the System Requirements.
On the Linux/BSD client download page -
https://www.shrew.net/download/ike - there's also no mention of OSX in
the System Requirements.

Also, in the VPN client documentation -
https://www.shrew.net/static/help-2.1.x/vpnhelp.htm (titled the
"Administrators Guide"), under System Requirements - the list of
available topics has "Windows Client Install" and "Unix Client Install"
- but those links *both* point to
https://www.shrew.net/static/help-2.1.x/files/WindowsClientInstall.html
but I can get to the Unix client info by pasting the URL and
substituting Unix for Windows.

Therein though, also no info about OSX.

No complaints here, mind you - just providing some info on the
documentation from an end-user perspective!

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com