[vpn-help] Cisco VPN Client to Shrew Soft VPN

Goncalo Oliveira goncalo at minkan.net
Sun Aug 25 04:21:28 CDT 2013

Hi Evan,

I'm using Shrew Soft VPN as a substitute for the Cisco VPN client for since
early this month and so far, I don't regret it. The Cisco client is far
more invasive, so this one feels much more natural.

Regarding the .pcf file, you can import it directly.

I only had issues with phase 2 negotiation, though, it was a different VPN.
In my case I had to change the following settings

Client
NAT Traversal: force-rfc   (this one was already set)

Phase 1
Exchange Type: aggressive
DH Exchange: group 2

Phase 2