[vpn-help] Failure to bring up tunnel with Windows 8 through NAT

Chris Swinehart chris at mesotech.com
Mon Aug 26 12:13:36 CDT 2013

Jim,

We found a workaround. We had been using the WiFi connection on the DIR-825.
The Win 8 computer works when using a wired connection, but not with the
WiFi. We'll just use the wired connection in the future on this computer.

Interestingly enough, when I tried my Win 7 laptop on my Belkin router with
a wired connection it _didn't_ work. So it only works with a WiFi
connection. I'm starting to think maybe it has to do with the adapter
settings or something. I am using a USB-Ethernet adapter and verified that
the adapter did have the Shrew Filter enabled.

I don't understand the problem at this point, but we do have useable
workarounds. Thank you very much for all of the help.

Best regards,

Chris Swinehart

Mesotech International Inc.
4531 Harlin Drive